We are timber frame building experts
Nordic Wood are a family run business with years of specialist training in building timber frame cabins/houses
Founded in 2000 by the Eklo family, with a mission of bringing the highest quality Scandinavian materials and building techniques to the UK. Over the last 15 years we’ve constructed everything from Garden Offices to Granny Annexes’ without compromising on that mission.
The company is managed by Olaf Eklo from our main office & warehouse based in West Byfleet, Surrey and we have three carpentry teams, expertly trained by us to build our garden cabins and timber frame buildings. Watch our product videos here: YouTube
The Nordic Wood Management
Nordic Wood Ltd is a Scandinavian business that has a Scandinavian management team. This enables us to make sure we offer our clients a full Scandinavian product design, quality and good old fashion service.
Olaf – Managing Director
Tess – Sales & Marketing Director
Agneta – Head of Export
Renee – Admin Manager & PA
Tone – Sales Assistant
How We Can Help You
All our timber frame buildings are completely made to measure, meaning the whole service is tailored around your needs.
Once you become a part of the Nordic Wood family, we ensure we guide you through every step of the process. A true one stop shop, we not only build a cabin for you we:
- Help turn your vision into a reality with our design service including advice on internal finishes
- Have our own Architects to create technical drawings for you
- Our skilled carpenters are always friendly and consciensous leaving your property as they found it
- Have buildings control experts on hand to make sure the project complies with UK standards
- Quality assure every cabin with a 1 year service plan as standard (not least because due to the nature of timber frame buildings, as they settle you may experience minor expansion/contraction that requires tweaking)
You may be suprised to learn that the majority of our cabins have been built under permitted building rights (so planning permission isn’t required), again this is somthing we would be happy to help advise on too.
Still not convinced? See what our clients have to say and view our case studies.
The end to end process Nordic offer is very professional; being a family run business they take their customers very seriously and we were very satisfied with the result. Thanks Olaf and the team!
Everyone I have been in contact with at Nordic Wood was a real pleasure to deal with. Tess and Olaf were patient in answering my many questions and the carpenters were all extremely polite, cheerful and professional.
From the first phone call to discuss our requirements, through several site visits to assess if our plans were viable, and on to construction and finishing I have nothing but praise for the company and those involved in it.