How do I get ideas for my building project?
Nordic Wood specialises in being able to offer our clients an alternative to the standard garden building; to tailor-make their own Nordic Room or timber frame building specially suited to their garden design and size.
Our experience, combined with the latest technology allows us to offer you quality, flexibility and affordability.
We can therefore offer our clients the freedom to draw their own design or to alter one of our standard designs to suit their purpose.
Arrange a site visit
When you arrange a site visit from Nordic Wood we will discuss the purpose of the cabin, will it be an office, a games room, a granny annex, a summer house etc. and then assist you in measuring your garden or site to make the best use of the available space.
Ask yourself a few questions. Which way do I want to face? How many rooms do I need? Will I need a storage area? How many windows will I need? What internal finish do I like? And then our experienced consultants can start to design your ideal room.
3D drawing of Cricket Pavilion
- Size of cabin/building
- Type of roof: Pent/flat or pitched roof
- Height of cabin/building. Both pitch and eves
- Floor plan/ layout: internal walls/storage/WC etc
- What type of windows and doors. Sizes & finish
- Access to site for builders
- Heating of cabin/building
- Usage: Do you need planning permission or can you permitted building rights?
- Do you need to comply with UK Building Regulations in fire proofing?
- External finish; Painted, Siberian Larch or maybe Cedar cladding?
The finished product!
The end to end process Nordic offer is very professional; being a family run business they take their customers very seriously and we were very satisfied with the result. Thanks Olaf and the team!
Everyone I have been in contact with at Nordic Wood was a real pleasure to deal with. Tess and Olaf were patient in answering my many questions and the carpenters were all extremely polite, cheerful and professional.
From the first phone call to discuss our requirements, through several site visits to assess if our plans were viable, and on to construction and finishing I have nothing but praise for the company and those involved in it.