How We Build a Nordic Room
All of our timber frame cabins are fully insulated to UK Building Regulations Standards, for year-round use meaning not only are they very energy efficient, they truly can be used for almost any purpose (e.g. a garden gym, home/garden office, pool house etc).
The Nordic Room is built to the following specification as standard:
- 5 inch C24 graded timber frame (the highest quality softwood, ideal for load bearing structures)
- External cladding with spruce tongue & groove timber (in either a ‘D’ shaped or flat profile)
- 25mm Kingspan (filled with 100mm rock-wool slabs) acting as a cold bridge between the timber frame and the internal cladding
- 12mm chipboard bracing along with both breathing and damp course membranes
- Pre-coloured Smartpanel on walls and ceiling
- The floor is a 2nd generation laminate to a very high standard
Certified Scandinavian Components
The Nordic Room components are all sourced from Scandinavia from suppliers that take their wood from sustainably grown forests. As a Scandinavian company we take pride in this!
We produce the timber frames in structurally certified timber. Internal panels and floors come from Swedish leading wood supplier, Siljan. Our A-rated top quality energy windows and doors are designed and produced in Denmark for the residential market and subject to the DVC (Danish Window Certification). The windows are approved under the new statutory 2008 insulation requirements, and come with a 5 year warranty, or 10 years if you buy them factory precoated. They have an excellent U-value.
If you’re interested in your own Nordic Room or want or want to find out more, call now on 01932 343 228 or email email@example.com where one our team would be happy to help.
Create your ideal garden studio
The end to end process Nordic offer is very professional; being a family run business they take their customers very seriously and we were very satisfied with the result. Thanks Olaf and the team!
Everyone I have been in contact with at Nordic Wood was a real pleasure to deal with. Tess and Olaf were patient in answering my many questions and the carpenters were all extremely polite, cheerful and professional.
From the first phone call to discuss our requirements, through several site visits to assess if our plans were viable, and on to construction and finishing I have nothing but praise for the company and those involved in it.