What is a Nordic Room? – An energy efficient, bespoke made, garden room.
Nordic Room is a Scandinavian inspired timber frame garden room. Each garden room is bespoke and fully insulated for all year use. We supply only the finest Scandinavian materials for each of our bespoke cabins. All timber is at the highest standard of environmentally sourced softwood, graded specifically for structural/load bearing use.. Our internal wall finish is an environmentally friendly and pure wood system that is pre-painted for a swift installation. Our Norwegian quality wood floors come in colours to suit everyone. Residential grade quality windows and doors from Denmark, are supplied with either double or triple glazing to complete the highly insulated cabin.
Not only do we work with you in producing your dream cabin, it also becomes a sound investment for the future!
Why should I choose a Nordic Room?
Our 18 years of experience tells us that the following criteria is important;
* First and foremost – Quality! Believing in Scandinavian quality, seeing the materials we use and speaking to our existing clients gives an understanding of the quality we supply. Visit our showroom or a client’s cabin to see for yourself what we mean by quality in materials and workmanship.
* Our customers value our genuine support and advice. Because every cabin is completely unique, whether it’s picking colours or ensuring the cabin meets building regulations, we provide good old-fashioned honesty throughout.
* 7 out of 10 of our cabins are built within permitted development rights and did not required planning permission.
* We strive to be environmentally friendly. To us that does not only mean recycling the office paper but taking responsibility in only using certified timber supply and make sure the cabin performs well in insulation and heat control.
* On-going service plan once your cabin is built, we don’t stop there. As timber frame constructions are prone to some movement over time, we ensure we come and check your cabin within the first 12 months to make any necessary adjustments and ensure the cabin gets the care it deserves.
Quality as Standard
Each of our rooms is built using tried and tested Scandinavian techniques. We use only the finest C-graded timber imported from Scandinavia to create our fully insulated cavity walls, floor and roof. Externally we clad our Nordic Rooms with a custom made Siberian larch cladding. This combination has stood the test of time in the harshest of Scandinavian climates, making it very robust for the milder English weather.
Find out more about the composition of a Nordic Room here.
Warranty & Service Plan
We give a 10 year warranty on our Nordic Rooms for peace of mind. Once the Nordic Room is ready we send a representative out to view your garden room and look for any discrepancies in the built quality and will consequently make sure any snags are dealt with. As a timber building takes a while to settle we come out and do a service a year after the built, to make any tweaks necessary.
For more ideas on your Nordic Room, why not visit our facebook page to see our previous designs.
DESIGNING FOR PERMITTED BUILDING RIGHTS
We can guide you in what is best suited for your garden and to make the most of your permitted building rights. Should you wish to build a house larger and taller than what is permitted without permission, we can put you in contact with a planning consultant to help you on the way. To achieve the perfect garden room for you we invite you to sit down with one of our team for a free consultation and discuss your ideas. They will then transform them into a plan that fits your site exactly down to the position of doors and windows and even which way you would like the roof to slope. We will try and find the best solution and plan that is yours alone and fits your project and budget. We will also be able to help you with special requests in design, windows, doors, wood treatment and fire protection.
A timber frame building is extremely energy efficient. Wood has been proven to be one of the best naturally occurring insulators known to man. In each square inch of wood there are thousands of tiny air pockets that trap and slow the transfer of heat through. Packing the inside wall cavity full of insulation, damp membrane, breathing membrane and to top it, a cold bridge, will keep your cabin up to scratch with UK building regulations.
The end to end process Nordic offer is very professional; being a family run business they take their customers very seriously and we were very satisfied with the result. Thanks Olaf and the team!
Everyone I have been in contact with at Nordic Wood was a real pleasure to deal with. Tess and Olaf were patient in answering my many questions and the carpenters were all extremely polite, cheerful and professional.
From the first phone call to discuss our requirements, through several site visits to assess if our plans were viable, and on to construction and finishing I have nothing but praise for the company and those involved in it.